Now that we’ve got our delicious chocolate chip cookies, what’s missing?
I know, it sounds a little far-fetched, but it might be cannabis-infused milk or cannamilk.
Using milk as a method to extract our favourite invisible cannabinoids is an effective way to experiencing the trademark cannabis experience, and when you match it with eating cookies, you might feel like you’re walking through those pearly gates.
Both figuratively and literally.
So, here’s our recipe for how to make cannamilk, and luckily, it’s one of the easier cannabis recipes you’ll find.
But, first why use milk to experience cannabis?
Why Make Cannabis Milk?
Milk is rich in lipids, specifically triglycerides, which will act as a carrier. Just in the same fashion that MCT oil will work in a tincture! Think of cannamilk as a tastier and sweeter version of those little tinctures that some of us have grown to love, yet be wary of.
Also, by knowing how to make your own cannamilk you’ll have access to the wide range of marijuana edibles that it can be used for, not to mention the many non-edibles it can be used with. We all know that cannabis is a great anti-inflammatory, hence why many athletes use it after strenuous activity and during rehabilitation. This makes cannabis milk perfect for an after workout shake and other protein rich beverages.
While cannamilk may seem like the perfect beverage, it definitely does have some drawbacks, such as a short shelf life. Unfortunately, cannabis doesn’t extend the life of regular milk, so make sure to keep it refrigerated and adhere to the original best before date.
As well as a shorter shelf life, there are those who unfortunately have allergies and may be lactose intolerant. While making almond or soy-infused cannabis milk is definitely viable, they aren’t anywhere near as good of a carrier as plain, old fashioned milk.
Now, with this said, ready for the recipe?
Recipe: How to Make Cannamilk
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook time 55 Minutes | Total Time 1 Hour
- 6 grams of marijuana
- 2 cups whole milk or heavy cream
- Baking Sheet
1. Heat the oven to 250°F|120°C. Spread the marijuana out into an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake the marijuana, taking care not to let the marijuana go over 250°|120°C and burn (if this happens, you can lose potency).
2. Bake for about 35-40 minutes, then remove from the oven and cool before grinding into a coarse powder. This decarboxylated weed will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to 2 months.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-low, heat the milk or cream. Add the decarboxylated weed and cook, taking care not to let the temperature go over 200°F|93°C, for about 45 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let sit, undisturbed, for 10 minutes, before straining through a fine mesh-sieve set over a bowl. Press carefully with a spoon to extract as much oil as possible. The marijuana milk will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 8 weeks.
What Can You Do With Cannamilk?
Now that we have our sweet, sweet cannamilk all done up, what to do next? As we mentioned earlier, using our cannabis milk for a protein shake is an awesome method to reduce inflammation, as well as getting a nice little buzz. But what else can it be used for?
We could just say anything your heart desires and to use your imagination, but that wouldn’t be fair. Instead we’ve put together a list of ideas that we’re sure you’d enjoy
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Alfredo Mac and Cheese
- Hot Milk Cake
- Milk and Cookies
- Chocolate Pudding
While there are an infinite amount of possibilities, choosing your favourite to use your cannamilk for might be the hardest. However, we do have faith in your skills to create magic.
Now that you have the information, tools and skillset, what are you waiting for? Get out there and make your very own deliciously smooth cannamilk.