Want to smoke a few puffs from your comfy home without stinking up the whole place? Grab some of those dryer sheets in your laundry room and make yourself a sploof! It will conceal the smell, as long you’re not having a Cheech and Chong smoke out.
What is a Sploof?
A sploof is a DIY device that helps you to eliminate the smell of weed almost entirely.
In terms of the design, a sploof is an open-ended tube you exhale into with a filter on the opposite end. The device uses materials such as dryer sheets, which act as a filtering material and help remove smoke and odour particles from smoke blown into it.
A sploof is simple to make and what’s more, you can easily make it from tools lying around your house.
Are you ready to go all DIY on the project? Here’s what you will need to make a sploof.
How to Make a Sploof
Here’s what you’ll need to make a sploof:
- Dryer sheets, the more you can fit in your apparatus the better.
- Toilet paper roll or bottle top. The top of a 2L or smaller plastic coke bottle works great
- Tape or rubber bands
- Scissors or knife (be safe!)
1. Cut the bottle top from the body if you have not done so already.
2. Insert as many dryer sheets as you can possibly fit in the toilet paper roll or bottle. More never hurts if you’re trying to be extra careful.
3. Wrap the end of your sploof with another dryer sheet to hold to make your final screen. Take your tape or rubber bands and fasten that filter in tight.
4. Crack a window and enjoy your favourite cannabis with a sploof!
So easy, right?
Using your Sploof’s Full Potential
A sploof is essential if you’re planning on smoking indoors without attracting too much attention. Whether it’s a sneaky anti-cannabis neighbour you are hiding from or a simple way of being discreet and respectful, a sploof can help to minimize cannabis odor.
Although, it should be mentioned that even tho it does take away most of the excess marijuana smell it’s not 100%. If you’re hotboxing your bathroom it won’t make much of a difference unless you have an industrial fan in there.
If you’re worried about the smell, then it’s sometimes best to switch to a vape pen instead of your favourite sticky icky.