Introducing the perfect dessert for cannabis lovers – the weed infused cheesecake! This classic New York-style cheesecake has been elevated with the addition of weed, creating a delightful and stress-relieving dessert experience.
This classic New York-style cheesecake has been infused with weed. Although the majority of New York cheesecakes don’t contain cannabis, this cheesecake maintains the traditional New York style.
Whether you’re a fan of plain cheesecake or love to add a twist, this recipe has got you covered. So, get your aprons ready and let’s dive into the world of cannabis-infused baking!
How to Infuse Weed into Cheesecake
If you’re looking to add a touch of cannabis to your cheesecake, there are several options available to you. My preferred method is to use cannabis-infused butter in the crust, which turns the cheesecake into a cannabis-infused dessert.
For those who need a stronger dose, you can augment the recipe with concentrates or infuse both the crust and the filling. For example, replacing regular butter with cannabis-infused butter in the crust is a simple way to medicate the dessert. If you prefer to medicate the filling, adding a tincture is the easiest way. Simply stir in the desired amount.
If you prefer to use concentrates such as rosin, kief, hash, or hash oils, gently heat a tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT coconut oil. Stir the concentrate into the warm oil until it is dissolved and evenly distributed. Finally, beat the concentrate-infused oil into the cheesecake batter along with the eggs.
Weed Infused Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker or cookie crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cannabis-infused butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- Electric mixer
- 9 or 10-inch springform pan
- Butter or cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Large roasting pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the rack in the lower third. Grease the springform pan with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- For the crust, mix the graham cracker or cookie crumbs, salt, and melted cannabutter until well combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Place the crust mixture in the center of the prepared pan, spread it evenly over the bottom, making it thicker around the edges. Use your hands to press it into the bottom and up 1/4 of the way on the sides of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 325°F.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft and smooth, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in the sugar and continue mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla, then the eggs one at a time until everything is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl several times during mixing.
- Mix in the sour cream until well combined.
- Place the pan in a large roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with boiling water until it reaches 2/3 of the way up the side of the pan.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 1/2 hours, then turn off the oven and let the cheesecake and oven cool slowly for at least an hour before opening the door.
- Chill the cheesecake and slice it. You can also add toppings now.